o answer some people that seemed to think that I could make money out of this
(ha!) I decided to try and
come up with a system to be able to access the innards
to change out or upgrade parts. Designing and
building the door literally took
almost an entire week or 2 hours or so each day. I would build it up, and
at some point, it would shatter as it had zero structural rigidity at all.
The initial design was to have the lit fan in the middle of the door, with
spokes radiating out to the outside frame, and then plexiglass in between
the spokes. The first piece I cut survived, but after that, I decided to use a pattern of legos and give up. The door just would not stay together
using the spoke idea. Possibly if I used glue I could get away with it, but
half the fun was taking things back apart and improving the idea. It was
also looking at this case that I realized (after I disassembled it) that
I could build "down" as well
as building "up".